Wed, May 06|
Corporate Board Readiness Virtual Workshop Series
4-part Virtual Corporate Board Training: - Get Your Board Materials and Plan of Action Ready - Learn Corporate Board Ins and Outs - Meet Corporate Directors
Time & Location
May 06, 2020, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM PDT
About the Event
Session 1 (May 6):
The Road to the Corporate Boardroom - What You Need to Know to Get You Started on this Path
- What type of corporate board is right for you?
- Risks and rewards of of public and private companies.
- How to build a network of allies for your board journey and stand out as a viable candidate.
- The interview process
Session 2 (May 13):
- Your Board Roadmap
- Your Board Bio and Value Proposition
- How to do due diligence on board positions to evaluate if this company and board is right for you.
Session 3 (May 20):
- Fiduciary requirements of a director
- Difference between board governance and management
- Board compensation
- D&O and indemnification agreements
Session 4 (May 27):
- Workshop your board bio and value proposition with a board savvy advocate.
- Tips on how to position yourself to stand out as board-qualified